There are three types of user accounts for each website:
- Administrator: This is an advanced user account only available to MooTunes staff. It can be used to troubleshoot errors.
- Editor: This is an artist account that creates the content of the website. They can create Posts and Pages, upload and sell Music Releases and change the look and feel of the website.
- Customer: This account allows customers to store their information on the website, making the Checkout process easier when they return.
You can have multiple editor accounts on your site. This can be useful if you have multiple band members or managers who all want to contribute to the website.
Before they can be added to the site, the user needs to make sure they have a MooTunes account. If they have checked the “Create an Account” checkbox when checking out on any MooTunes site, they already have a MooTunes account, otherwise they will need to create one.
Creating a MooTunes Account
- Navigate to the MooTunes log in page.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Type in your username and email.
- A confirmation link will be sent to your email address. Click it.
- You will now recieve an email with your password.
Adding the User
If the user has made a purchase on your MooTunes site before, they may already have a “Customer” account on your site. If they already have a “Customer” account, you’ll need to promote that account to an “Editor”. If not, you’ll have to add their account to your site.
Promoting a Customer Account to an Editor Account
- Log in to your site and go to “Users>All Users”
- Check the box next to the user you want to promote. If you can’t find them, you can use the search box on the top right.
- Click the “Change role to….” dropdown and choose “Editor”.
- Click “Change”.
Adding a New Account
- Log in to your site and go to “Users>Add New”
- Type in the email of the user you want to add, and set the role to “Editor”.
- Click “Add Existing User”.
- The new user will get a confirmation link by email. Once they click it, they will be added to your site.