There are two main places where you can find your website’s settings, the Options page and the Theme Customizer.
The Options Page
The Options page can be found in your admin’s main menu. Make your changes, then click “Update” at the top right.
These are the basic settings for your site:
- Site Title / Artist Name: This will change your Site Title, as well as the Album Artist and default Track Artist for new Music Releases. Your existing Music Releases will not be affected unless you recreate the digital downloads by going to a Release Editor and clicking Update.
- Site Address: This is the URL of your site. It needs to be manually reviewed and can take up to a week to change. If you are a Premium user and want to use a Custom Domain, add the address here and we will contact you with instructions to set up your DNS.
- Select Your Plan: If your site is on a Free Plan, you can upgrade it here. If your site is on a Premium Plan, this setting affects what plan your site should change to when your current subscription ends (i.e. should it renew or be downgraded).
These settings affect the look of your site:
- Logo: Here you can upload a logo which will appear in the navigation bar at the top of your site.
- Fixed Navigation Bar: When selected, the navigation bar will stay at the top of the screen as you scroll through the site. When deselected, the navigation bar will scroll with the page.
- Product Layout: Here you can select whether or not you want a sidebar to appear on Product pages (you can learn more about sidebars at Adding a Sidebar).
- Display Featured Image on Posts: When selected, the Featured Image will appear above the content of your Posts.
- Display Featured Image on Pages: When selected, the Featured Image will appear above the content of your Pages.
- Display Slider on Post Archives: When selected, a Post Slider will appear above the Post Grid on Category pages and other Post Archives.
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Profile: These allow you to set your Social Media Links, which you can display in the secondary navigation bar of your site.
These settings allow you to connect your Mailchimp account to your MooTunes site. See Collecting email addresses for your mailing list.
The Theme Customizer can be found by going Appearance>Customize in your admin’s main menu. Make your changes, then click the “Publish” button at the top right.
General Settings > Layout
This panel is where you can adjust various sizing and spacing options for your website.
- Enabled Boxed Layout: When selected, your content will be framed within a box, exposing a background.
- Website Content Width: This affects the max width of the content on your site.
- Website Gutter Width: This affects the space between columns on your site.
- Use Custom Sidebar Width: This setting allows you to change the width of the Sidebar (you can learn more about sidebars at Adding a Sidebar).
- Section and Row Height: This setting changes the Default amount of spacing above and below each Section and Row on pages made with the Divi Builder.
- Theme Accent Color: This setting affects the colour of many different elements on your site. Change it, then click Publish and refresh the page to populate that setting across your site.
General Settings > Typography
This panel is where you adjust the design of text across your site.
General Settings > Background
This panel is where you change the colour of your site’s background, or add an image background. If you haven’t enabled Boxed Layout, this probably won’t affect much.
Header & Navigation > Header Format
This panel allows you to change the Layout of your Header.
- Default aligns your logo to the left of your header, and the main navigation menu to the right.
- Centered aligns the logo in the middle of your header, with the main navigation menu beneath it.
- Centered Inline Logo aligns the logo in the middle of your header, with the main navigation split on either side.
- Slide In aligns the logo to the left of your header, with the main navigation menu sliding in when you click a ☰ icon.
- Fullscreen aligns the logo to the left of your header, with the main navigation menu appearing fullscreen when you click a ☰ icon.
- Enabling Vertical Navigation will place the menu to the left of your site, rather than at the top.
- Enabling Hide Navigation Until Scroll will hide the header until you scroll down the page
Header & Navigation > Primary Menu Bar Format
This panel allows you to change the styling of the Primary Menu Bar. This is the bar that shows your logo and menu.
Header & Navigation > Secondary Menu Bar Format
This panel allows you to change the styling of the Secondary Menu Bar. This bar doesn’t appear by default, but can contain Social Media Links, Contact Information and a Menu if you choose to. For the bar to appear, you need to adjust the Header Elements or add a menu to the Secondary Menu Bar.
Header & Navigation > Fixed Navigation Settings
When you have Fixed Navigation enable, this panel allows you to change the styling of your Menu Bars when you have scrolled down from the top of the page.
Header & Navigation > Header Elements
Here you can adjust what additional elements appear on your navigation bar, such as contact information and social media links (you need to add your social accounts on the Options page).
Buttons > Buttons Style
This panel allows you to adjust the default styling of buttons on your site.
Buttons > Hover Style
This panel allows you to adjust the default styling of buttons when you hover over them.
Blog > Post
This panel allows you to adjust the styling of text on your blog posts.
Mobile Styles > Tablet / Phone
This panel allows you to change the styling for Tablets and Phones specifically.
Mobile Styles > Mobile Menu
This panel allows you to change the styling of the Menu when on a Mobile Device.
Just leave this at Default.