You can have multiple artist accounts on your site. This can be useful if you have multiple band members or managers who all want to contribute to the website.
Before they can be added to the site, the user needs to make sure they have a MooTunes account. If they have checked the “Create an Account” checkbox when checking out on any MooTunes site, they already have a MooTunes account, otherwise they will need to create one.
Creating a MooTunes Account
- Navigate to the MooTunes log in page.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Type in your username and email.
- Select Just a Username Please.
- A confirmation link will be sent to your email address. Click it.
- You will now recieve an email with your password.
There a two roles in MooTunes – Fans and Artists. Fan accounts can simply save their information for easier checkout, whereas Artists have full control of your site.
Adding a User
- Go to Users > Add New
- Type in the email of the user you want to add, and set the role to Artist.
- Click Add Existing User.
- The new user will get a confirmation link by email. Once they click it, they will be added to your site.
Promoting a User
If the user already has a fan account, you can promote them.
- Go to Users > All Users
- Check the box next to the user you want to promote.
- Select Artist in the Change role to…. dropdown and click Change.