Products in MooTunes are the items that appear in your store. There are two types of products:
- Digital Download – These can be purchased on your site, and allow your fans to download your Music Release digital download files.
- External Product – These simply provide a link to another site where fans can buy the merch or digital goods.
Creating a Product
- Add a new product
Go to + New > Product in the toolbar, or Products > Add New in the Admin menu.
- Give the product a title
- Add a long description (optional)
The long description will appear in a description tab beneath the product image and Add to Cart button.
- Fill in the Product Information
– Select whether this is an External Product or Digital Download.
– If it’s an external product, add in the name of the shop, and web address for the product.
– If it’s a digital download, add which music releases should be included. You might also want to include music releases for an external product, which will show a preview tab beneath the product image and Add to Cart button.
– Add a price.
- Add a short description (optional)
The short description appears beneath the price. If it’s a digital download, we recommend “Includes a digital download of the music release in MP3, AAC and FLAC formats”.
- Add your product to categories (optional)
These settings can be found on the right sidebar of the WordPress editor.
- Add tags (optional)
These are general terms associated with your product.
- Add a product image
If you do not add a product image, it will automatically use some cover art from an included music release.
Click the publish button at the top right.
Editing a product
You can edit a product in two ways.
- Navigating to the product in the frontend of your site and clicking Edit Product in the toolbar.
- Going to Products > All Products in the admin menu and clicking on the Edit button under the product you want to edit.